Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K Threatened with Ban for Accepting First Class Meal In Coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K Threatened with Ban for Accepting First Class Meal In Coach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:27 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Maybe the mom with the missing lacrosse equipment can use the help more than the manicotti guy.
The lacrosse mom needs to order Manicotti on her next UA flight.
PTahCha likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by someone on Reddit
Nonetheless, I have a couple of colleagues and friends who work in various parts of the company and they have said they are bringing it up to their management teams and contacts.

One of my contacts knows the pilot in command of the aircraft and is reaching out to the PIC to get some more information and details but wanted to wait a few days before initiating contact.
Does this thread now need to be merged into the existing DYKWIA thread?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
My gut tells me that the reporting passenger may have been a bit snooty to the purser...FAs don't usually mention the "no fly list" just for the fun of it. The fact that this passenger is continuing to raise a ruckus about this strengthens my belief.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mama
tell me about it.

He probably felt humiliated after begging for food and was given, then refused. I don't understand why a person of high self esteem would ask for leftover food in the public. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
A person with high self esteem wouldn't care what others thought about him asking for extra food not be wasted...

Not saying this applies to the passenger in question but your post made me think that generally, high self esteem people aren't worried about if random people around them are judging them.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Some people just don't know when to let go.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Some people just don't know when to let go.
Yeah, and he really expects UA to tell him what disciplinary action, if any, is to be handed out to the purser? That would be far more inappropiate than getting an unwarrated plate of manicotti.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Yeah, and he really expects UA to tell him what disciplinary action, if any, is to be handed out to the purser? That would be far more inappropiate than getting an unwarrated plate of manicotti.
On the other hand, if nobody pushes it, United is just going to be silent while their nasty FAs have the backing of labor union. In fact, we haven't heard a word from United on this incident. Over the years, I have seen enough nasty United FAs and staff that I believe it's their corporate culture to be anti-customers.
I also think the passenger is immature, first begged for leftover food, he got humiliated, now wants United to tell him what disciplinary action on FA is. This must be a junior 1K with no other important things to do in his life, but fighting for a plate of leftover food from domestic first class.
Personally, I would not ask for a second/double meal or a leftover meal even if I was in Business/First class, let alone in economy class and ask for leftovers from premium cabins. I can't imagine myself eating a plate of first class food while the surrounding economy class passengers watch me. I wouldn't enjoy that.
zombietooth likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Yeah personnel actions are confidential. If he's as savvy as he claims to be, he ought to know that.

Already noted, but all this guy's doing is building the other case at this point.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
On the other hand, if nobody pushes it, United is just going to be silent while their nasty FAs have the backing of labor union.
He did push it - and pushed it very far. In his 1st Reddit post - he called out FA's by name and actually garnered quite a bit of sympathy. He got the attention of a Blogger - and a Executive Customer Care person reached to him. He got quite a bit of attention both publicly and within UA.

After his first Reddit post was deleted - the doubling down on a new Reddit post he has made naming the FA's again - and the Executive Care person and all sorts of rhetoric of contacting other managers, the pilot, etc has taken this to a completely different level. I suspect UA has completely moved on - and if it hasn't, is debating what to do with this guy and not in a positive way.

Quite frankly - he might be on a slippery slope of a defamation case by calling these FA's out by name.
wrp96, gmt4, DiamondMile and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Bonehead
My gut tells me that the reporting passenger may have been a bit snooty to the purser...FAs don't usually mention the "no fly list" just for the fun of it. The fact that this passenger is continuing to raise a ruckus about this strengthens my belief.
Yep, same here.
It sure is starting to look like the mention of a "no fly list" -if true- might have been triggered by other actions and comments, and not by the mere acceptance of the food.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:21 pm

With all of his antics and public escalation he may actually get the ban that was promised.
narvik and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:25 pm

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...2763#p20112763
This happened to me more than 5 years ago. In retrospect, I too could have blown up this issue and got my 2 mins of fame
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Quite frankly - he might be on a slippery slope of a defamation case by calling these FA's out by name.
So, you can't mention employee's name on a public forum? But those FAs wear name tags, although some FA cover name tags on purpose.
zombietooth likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Is being banned from all air travel, and essentially banned from entering or leaving the US for life, an appropriate punishment for being "snooty?"
zombietooth likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
So, you can't mention employee's name on a public forum? But those FAs wear name tags, although some FA cover name tags on purpose.
You definitely cannot on Reddit - Rule 3 of Reddit Content Policy: Respect the privacy of others. Instigating harassment, for example by revealing someone’s personal or confidential information, is not allowed. Never post or threaten to post intimate or sexually-explicit media of someone without their consent.

Wearing a name tag where the passengers can see a name - versus putting a specific name in the public domain are very different things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.