Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2024 | 1:31 pm

It was ok not great.
pic in my post below
Old Jan 30, 2024 | 2:14 pm
30 Countries Visited500k10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, but I play the field
PUJ-IAD, 12:50 pm Jan 30

Unlike my outbound flight, no pre.-order and only 2 entree choices on this flight from Punta Cana: beef enchiladas or tomato burrata manicotti. Luckily I'm a fan of the manicotti. Also received an Eli's mini chocolate pie for dessert, which was a major bonus.

Last edited by ZenFlyer; Jan 30, 2024 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 30, 2024 | 3:19 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
EGE-IAH
Boeing 737-700
Lunch

PDB of water or sparking wine. Jackets hung, and headphones distributed!

Choice of beef enchiladas or "cheese pasta."

I went with the enchiladas. They were served with a Dole fruit cup in a plastic container, a warm roll, and a pie in the sky for dessert.

No hot towels, and no nuts.

Service was excellent, proactive, and attentive throughout the flight....oh, and DirecTV (minus the looped movies) worked throughout the flight.
SPN Lifer, choch345 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Unlike my outbound flight, no pre.-order and only 2 entree choices on this flight from Punta Cana: beef enchiladas or tomato burrata manicotti. Luckily I'm a fan of the manicotti. Also received an Eli's mini chocolate pie for dessert, which was a major bonus.
I'm assuming the flight is double-catered hence no choice.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 12:08 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
IAH-LGA
Dinner
A319

PDB of water or sparking wine.

Lazy service in the air with everything plopped on one tray. No hot towels, mixed nuts and roll not warm. Pathetic.

Choice was the Asian Noodle Salad, pasta, or the beef brisket. I went with the beef brisket, which was good.

United Dinner IAH-LGA

Last edited by UAPremierGuy; Jan 31, 2024 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
IAH-LGA
Dinner
A319

Lazy service in the air with everything plopped on one tray. No hot towels, mixed nuts and roll not warm. Pathetic.

Choice was the Asian Noodle Salad, pasta, or the beef brisket. I went with the beef brisket, which was good.
When is UA going to do something about this lack of service from the FA's, this has been going on for a decade. I know the unions do not allow ghost riders, which I feel is wrong.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 2:53 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
IAH-LGA
Dinner
A319

United Dinner IAH-LGA
I would write in about this - it's started happening all the time and it is strictly against the required service flow. You can word it politely and ask if the service flow has changed.
SFO 1K and as219 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by greenpau
I would write in about this - it's started happening all the time and it is strictly against the required service flow. You can word it politely and ask if the service flow has changed.
Nothing will happen, the Unions are holding the airlines engines
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by KabAir

EWR-SEA

Pre-departure beverage options of water, OJ, Mimosa. Pre-ordered the French toast. It was good and was quite filling. I’ll probably revert back to eggs now, but I’m glad I tried this. Good mix of sweet and savory. The croissant was warmed and, miracle of miracles, was not flattened! 😁 Fruit was good. The yogurt apparently didn’t get catered, just as well as I was stuffed from the French toast and didn’t need more sugar. Very good service.
That French toast looks very weird... poor thing must be trying to hide from Kirby
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 1:47 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by fly747first
That French toast looks very weird... poor thing must be trying to hide from Kirby
It also tastes very weird …. Not good at all!
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 6:01 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
french toast should be served with maple syrup. UA should not over complicate things
RFNJ likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 6:41 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited60 Nights3M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Pie in the sky butter cookie returning.

New menu items in March, including higher quality proteins and return of salad entree(s).
SS255, as219, MrAndy1369 and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 9:34 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

New menu items in March, including higher quality proteins and return of salad entree(s).
Figured, the berry cheesecake thing is really good and plated, nicely Kirby has to save money by going back to the Pie In Sky and cookie butter no less.
ExplorerWannabe likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 10:00 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

I'll believe it when I see it; would be nice to actually have UA provide some detail on what these improvements consist of, rather than relying on bloggers reporting on things like improvements on Premium Transcon flights or that rumored Polaris2.0 "refresh" which ended up mostly being all talk no action. That's not necessarily aimed at you, and I realize that to some extent you are relying on information provided to you from insiders, but with all the fuss UA has made about United Next, you'd think they would want to talk about how they are making improvements in premium cabins.

I'm curious what "higher quality proteins" equates to; this is UA so maybe less tofu and more meat. Obviously they aren't actually investing in the product or spending more money, just offsetting it by cutting meals on <900 mile flights.
itripreport likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 12:51 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, BA SILVER, IHG DIAMOND AMBASSADOR, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Unpopular opinion - I am happy to see the Pie in the Sky back... although I'm not a fan of the butter version.

Hopefully these meal upgrades are actually upgrades, as we've been hearing for the last few years about how meals are being "upgraded", but in essence these upgrades have been minimal and very hit or miss.
SkiPremier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.