Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Flew SFO-EWR last week on a 772 True Polaris config. Wife was in business, I was in Premium Economy. Preorder worked for her, never showed up for me (separate PNRs). My on-board options were "Chicken or Pasta". Got the chicken, same thing my wife pre-ordered. It was not bad. Not too dry, liked the vegetables with it.

"Chicken" in Premium Economy transcon.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
... Wife was in business, I was in Premium Economy. Preorder worked for her, never showed up for me (separate PNRs). ...
UA does not (yet) offer pre-order for PremPlus
Old May 14, 2024, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA does not (yet) offer pre-order for PremPlus
Oh Thanks, was wondering if that was the case, but couldn't find it documented anywhere.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Very weird dish (cheese tortellini, chick peas + peas) - but I liked it !
EWR-FLL
F

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
MIA-IAH 16 May 625 am 738 seat 2E

PDB of water or OJ.

Pre-ordered the Bechamel egg scramble and I thought it looked terrible but tasted fine. YMMV.

Old May 18, 2024, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Polaris to Europe - they served the entree as a separate course. I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this because some people here seem to think that dragging out meals as long as long as possible is the most important thing
Old May 18, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Doppy
Polaris to Europe - they served the entree as a separate course. I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this because some people here seem to think that dragging out meals as long as long as possible is the most important thing
There have been multiple posts on the topic from people here who think that eating cold entrees served cafeteria style is beneath an international business class cabin.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
EWR-LAX. UA2403 Thursday 16-May-24

PDB of Water or Sparkling Wine. I chose the water.
Warm nuts served with drink of choice after takeoff
I had the Cobb Salad

Salad felt like it was missing something. The chicken was cold, and being served as a side dish seemed tacky. Roll was warm when served but cold when I ate it.
Disclaimer: I'm not a big salad person, but I wanted to start the trip off on a healthy note.

Sundae was awesome

Pre arrival plate was OK. Better than the salad.

Great crew. Only offered refills once, but maintained visible throughout.
Old May 19, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Doppy
A change in service delivery has begun for flights over 3900 miles. The appetizer will be served ahead of the main, in courses. This is directly the result of customer feedback where shorter distance flights will retain one tray service to provide more time for sleep, while longer flights will provide a chance for a more leisurely meal service. You can always ask for Express Dining and get everything at once on the longer flights if you prefer.
SPN Lifer, rch4u and seanp7 like this.
Old May 19, 2024, 10:30 am

Last minute flight change to RDU-SFO on Saturday, so no pre-order.

PDB of water or sparking wine. Front to back order taking. Sounded like the pre-orderers got what they wanted. In row 5/5 my wife and I were offered "Chicken Pizzeola" and "Tortellini" we took one of each.

Hot towels. Then drink orders taken. Then warm nuts and drinks. Then food. Napkin with a buttonhole! (I know, wrong thread).

The tortellini looked a lot like seanp7's. Everything tasted pretty good. The chicken was not dry. The broccoli was overcooked but well seasoned. The bread was warm and not stale. I actually liked the cheese tart/cheese cake dessert. Flight attendant came through for drink refills several times through the rest of the flight. Overall a very nice domestic first experience.

Vegetarian Tortellini

Chicken 'Pizzeola' with polenta and broccoli
seanp7 and airkapper like this.
Old May 19, 2024, 11:12 am

DEN-EWR

Pleasantly surprised with the options for this domestic first class ticket. I feel like I actually have the choice of three or four good looking entrées. I think I’m gonna go for the chicken bordelaise. Seems like it will go good with white wine. The salad, pasta, and aji verde also look good.
Old May 19, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Birdsofafeather
Pleasantly surprised with the options for this domestic first class ticket. I feel like I actually have the choice of three or four good looking entrées. I think I’m gonna go for the chicken bordelaise. Seems like it will go good with white wine. The salad, pasta, and aji verde also look good.
The eggplant out of DEN has been consistently excellent, and I don't like eggplant much... it's not a light meal though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by phkc070408
PDB of Water or Sparkling Wine. I chose the water.
Warm nuts served with drink of choice after takeoff
I had the Cobb Salad

Salad felt like it was missing something. The chicken was cold, and being served as a side dish seemed tacky.
This could be served a Vegetarian meal if needed; who knows if the bacon bites are real.
Old May 21, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: MP Silver
they look just like the bacon bits that come in the big bag from sam's club
SPN Lifer and FlightNurse like this.
Old May 21, 2024, 3:35 pm

Soooo...how was the Peruvian chicken?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.