Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2024 | 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited500k20 Years on Site

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
With not a delicious Dole™ Fruit Cup® in sight.
Old May 31, 2024 | 10:46 am
50 Countries Visited1M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I was showing the menu to a family member the other day. They noted the option to select no meal because you will eat in the UC and said "You can goto the lounge?"

I never thought about this before but they should really add a note that UA F does not give access to the UC.

I do notice many F pax trying to access the UC because they think it is included with their ticket. This option probably gives them a false idea that they can. By the time they figure it out, it's too late to preorder.
Old May 31, 2024 | 10:56 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eng3
I was showing the menu to a family member the other day. They noted the option to select no meal because you will eat in the UC and said "You can goto the lounge?"

I never thought about this before but they should really add a note that UA F does not give access to the UC.

I do notice many F pax trying to access the UC because they think it is included with their ticket. This option probably gives them a false idea that they can. By the time they figure it out, it's too late to preorder.
I've overheard similar pax / lounge dragon conversations at the check in desk. I too have always felt an asterisk or caveat should be next to the eat in the lounge option something to effect of "for those with access". Seems like a simple fix to implement if UA was so inclined.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 31, 2024 | 10:57 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
Originally Posted by gmt4
I've overheard similar pax / lounge dragon conversations at the check in desk. I too have always felt an asterisk or caveat should be next to the eat in the lounge option something to effect of "for those with access". Seems like a simple fix to implement if UA was so inclined.
it says "I am a United Club member" before the lounge option is provided
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and findark like this.
Old May 31, 2024 | 11:01 am
50 Countries Visited1M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Oh, I guess I missed that part
Old May 31, 2024 | 11:03 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Well there you go. It's been several months since I've had a domestic flight with a meal service option and didn't remember exactly what it said.
Old May 31, 2024 | 4:56 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by dw
That looks like someone took leftover fried rice from Panda Express, threw two pieces of chicken from a salad bar on top, and then dumped some sauce on it ;-)
it’s really good thought, quite unique among meals served in F on any U.S. airline, with an unexpected “kick” to it…. Highly recommend it!
Old May 31, 2024 | 11:56 pm

I flew ORD-YWG in Z class last week this route hasn't been offered since April 4th 2020 and it's great to get the service back.
Despite the short flight length they offered great lounge access at the ORD C Gates; the stewardess addressed everyone by last name.
Pre-departure drinks arrived by tray; with refill requested on ground and delivered as seat belt sign went off.
Everyone received the 'Cheese selection tray' shown above; followed by a snack basket.
Old Jun 1, 2024 | 5:54 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by flyingmania
I flew ORD-YWG in Z class last week this route hasn't been offered since April 4th 2020 and it's great to get the service back.
Despite the short flight length they offered great lounge access at the ORD C Gates; the stewardess addressed everyone by last name.
Pre-departure drinks arrived by tray; with refill requested on ground and delivered as seat belt sign went off.
Everyone received the 'Cheese selection tray' shown above; followed by a snack basket.
it’s too bad you weren’t on a mainline United flight, where the FLIGHT ATTENDANTS would have served you a larger, more fulfilling hot meal, with nuts, salad, bread, entree or dessert. Maybe next time you fly United!
FlightNurse and BlueZebra like this.
Old Jun 1, 2024 | 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyingmania
They are Flight Attendants. [Moderator edit.]
BlueZebra likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 2, 2024 at 8:41 am Reason: To remove unneeded personalization (FT., Rule 12.)
Old Jun 3, 2024 | 11:58 am

EWR-DEN
UA 2409
Lunch

Apologies for no pictures this time around. Currently on the flight but forgot to snap one and have already devoured everything lol. Great service. Pre-departure beverages were served, water and sparkling wine on a tray, but several people asked for and received other requests with a smile. Meal service started with hot towels, followed by warmed nuts and drinks, followed by the meal with drink refills.

I had the brisket which was great, even better than last time I had it. Highly recommend. Travel companions had the enchiladas and pasta, both of which were also rated as being very good. Meals came with salad, warm roll, and crumb cake. Had never had the crumb cake before and I really liked it.

Very happy with the great service from the excellent crew. Maybe I’m just lucky, but I’d say I get a great crew almost all of the time.
SFO 1K and findark like this.
Old Jun 3, 2024 | 12:25 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited60 Nights3M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I'm happy the brisket is back this month - I hope to finally try it...
Old Jun 3, 2024 | 12:50 pm
40 Countries Visited80 Nights5M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 4.4MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I'm happy the brisket is back this month - I hope to finally try it...
I had it SFO-BOS the other night. Quite good!
Old Jun 3, 2024 | 1:31 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Glad to hear the positive reviews.. I may be swayed to try it
Old Jun 3, 2024 | 2:57 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

DEN-EWR-DEN

I have to say that I am very impressed with my flight out to Newark and the return. Water or sparkling wine was offered for PDB on both flights, hotel service on both flights, warm nuts also offered on both flights, FA and refills were attentive and the meals were pretty tasty. Other than the frequent ending of the service early due to turbulence but no turbulence both flights were pretty great. Here are some pictures from both flights. We even had an added bonus of the return from EWR to DEN with bedding and a small amenities kit because they switched aircraft after we were delayed 2 1/2 hours. We got the plane that was heading to LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.