Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2024, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
07/28
EWR-TPA

Mrs bmwe92fan said it was better than anything we've had in Polaris for a long time...

Did you wife recently recover from COVID and lose her taste by any chance? (lol, just kidding)

I had that exact meal ex-EWR and both my wife and I thought it was absolutely vile.

While off-topic, if you have a free moment while you in Tampa, consider dinner (you will need a reservation) at a real old school "NY Rat Pack" Italian Restaurant, Donatello's in Hyde Park.
dw and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 8:53 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
07/28
EWR-TPA

Mrs bmwe92fan said it was better than anything we've had in Polaris for a long time...

Had this last night on IAH-LGA and thought it was quite good. The potatoes could've used some more seasoning, but the chicken and sauce were good.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kmersh
Did you wife recently recover from COVID and lose her taste by any chance? (lol, just kidding)

I had that exact meal ex-EWR and both my wife and I thought it was absolutely ile.
Originally Posted by S.R
Had this last night on IAH-LGA and thought it was quite good. The potatoes could've used some more seasoning, but the chicken and sauce were good.
Just had this last night BWI-LAX, except my piece of chicken was about half the size as in the posted photo, and instead of broccoli there was one -- and only one -- tiny stalk of broccolini. I was still hungry...
Old Jul 29, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kmersh

I had that exact meal ex-EWR and both my wife and I thought it was absolutely vile.

While off-topic, if you have a free moment while you in Tampa, consider dinner (you will need a reservation) at a real old school "NY Rat Pack" Italian Restaurant, Donatello's in Hyde Park.
LOL I didn't say it was good -- just better than what she has had lately in Polaris -- which is admittedly a low bar.

I'm still in NYC -- the Mrs. is on a business trip with Japanese regulators -- but I will give her the tip. The Japanese government has very strict rules for business meal spending -- hopefully Donatello's will be possible!
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Lft Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Question about meals in F on domestic DEN-MSY. I see on the flight info a dinner meal is served, but I do not see any location to select a meal. Does this mean there is actually not a meal served? The flight was booked today (Monday) and the flight occurs on Thursday. It is the UA 1541 7pm departure and the flight is 2 hours 45 minutes.

TIA
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lc412000
Question about meals in F on domestic DEN-MSY. I see on the flight info a dinner meal is served, but I do not see any location to select a meal. Does this mean there is actually not a meal served? The flight was booked today (Monday) and the flight occurs on Thursday. It is the UA 1541 7pm departure and the flight is 2 hours 45 minutes.

TIA
Preorder seems to be disabled currently, maybe related to a potential catering strike. DEN-MSY will have some meal served, since it is over 900 miles in distance.

thread: GateGourmet pending strike? 30 July 2024 (Deal reached? pre-order not returned yet?)
lc412000 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2024, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Flight yesterday on E175 (Republic) CVG->EWR and no snack basket was offered in First. Got the econ bag of snack mix only.
Assume mis-cater, but will see what happens on the return.
Old Jul 31, 2024, 6:41 am

Just to add a data point, no pre-order for Friday AM’s CHS-IAH breakfast (assuming that’s because it’ll be shelf stable junk since the plane RONs @ CHS).

Did have a choice IAH-CHS for Sunday dinner. Still undecided if anyone has any preferences to share.

-Fruit & Cheese plate
-Tomato and burrata manicotti
-Four-cheese skillet burger
-Campanelli
-Chicken pizzaiola
-Cobb salad
Old Aug 2, 2024, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
Preorder seems to be disabled currently, maybe related to a potential catering strike. DEN-MSY will have some meal served, since it is over 900 miles in distance.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I've got DEN flight this week and no preorder, but LAX had it. So I think it is something to do with DEN...
Just finished DEN-LGA yesterday morning (8/1) and LGA-DEN noon today (8/2). No preorder either way.
Also, no priority meal orders for 1K either way. Is that still a thing or hit or miss?

And oh yeah, no Wifi on UA 2240 today from LGA. FA said there was no Wifi on the ORD-LGA inbound as well.
Maybe maintenance will fix it one of these days.

Southwest scramble on DEN-LGA. Was actually pretty good and nicely spicy.

Pasta with marinara lunch on LGA-DEN. Meh.

choch345 likes this.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 3, 2024 at 7:34 am
Old Aug 3, 2024, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Silver
Can I post a picture of the mezze rigatoni in the flesh? I can confirm that... it's pretty good! Not stellar, but good enough that I'd use the bread to sop up the sauce left over on the plate.

The lighting on this FAT-ORD red-eye was paltry (lit up by the IFE screen), so the sauce looks a lot paler compared to its true colors. Lit up by my phone, it's a deep orange-red!
choch345 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2024, 12:29 pm

my options for flights on thurday(breakfast) and saturday(lunch). for domestic flights ORD-SLC-ORD
Im just going with the waffle as i likely dont have time to get food because of the connection time and the fruit and cheese plate since i can eat before i get on the plane for that flight.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2024, 7:50 am
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
These new pasta dishes look pretty good overall, if somewhat simple.
Old Aug 6, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by findark
These new pasta dishes look pretty good overall, if somewhat simple.
SO has 2 different ones ordered on trip this week, will try to post pics & reviews
Old Aug 6, 2024, 8:07 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The current options for EWR-LAX and return are grilled chicken, pasta, and cobb salad. If you like beef, order the Kosher option . https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36432986-post178.html
Old Aug 6, 2024, 7:11 pm

Curious about any recent experience from Hawaii to the mainland with the Chicken Teriaki vs. the Mochiko Chicken. My outbound flights are the usual frittata, egg bites, etc… Mahalo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.