Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
Curious about any recent experience from Hawaii to the mainland with the Chicken Teriaki vs. the Mochiko Chicken. My outbound flights are the usual frittata, egg bites, etc… Mahalo!
Also what are this month's selections for LAX-HNL for dinner as I have that on 8/31. Hopefully no issues with pre-ordering by then.
Old Aug 7, 2024, 6:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
Curious about any recent experience from Hawaii to the mainland with the Chicken Teriaki vs. the Mochiko Chicken. My outbound flights are the usual frittata, egg bites, etc… Mahalo!
I liked the mochiko chicken
Old Aug 7, 2024, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by findark
These new pasta dishes look pretty good overall, if somewhat simple.
Pictures are never what is dropped in front of you.
Old Aug 7, 2024, 12:56 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Pictures are never what is dropped in front of you.
I was referring to the pictures from posters of the actual meals - I have also eaten one of the new pastas (and posted it) and thought it was good. Again, simple dishes with simple ingredients, basically just "pasta with red sauce", but I'll happily take a good rendition of that in the current environment.

Honestly I think UA catering might finally be improving a little. Some of the Polaris mains look better this quarter too. The big drag is that there is no change to the (awful) rest of the catering, like the salad or bread.
Old Aug 7, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, BA SILVER, IHG DIAMOND AMBASSADOR, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Can United drop the frittata already... I feel like its overstayed its welcome
ll22949 and BayAreaTrvler like this.
Old Aug 7, 2024, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
These new pasta dishes look pretty good overall, if somewhat simple.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
SO has 2 different ones ordered on trip this week, will try to post pics & reviews
I had the Orecchiette on ORD>IAH yesterday. At first bite I didn't like it but it quickly grew on me and I ended up eating the whole thing. If you like peas and pesto give it a try.

Side note I was 0/2 on trying the manicotti this week. On flight up they mis-catered my pre-order so I got the chicken w/ polenta (which was fine). On flight back I did SDC so lost my pre-order but FA that took orders said there was a manicotti for me. Later at meal service she came back very apologetic and said that the other FA had served it to someone else by mistake. Hence, I got to try the Orecchitte.
Old Aug 8, 2024, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerAVL

my options for flights on thurday(breakfast) and saturday(lunch). for domestic flights ORD-SLC-ORD
Im just going with the waffle as i likely dont have time to get food because of the connection time and the fruit and cheese plate since i can eat before i get on the plane for that flight.
ok had the waffle and the waffle itself was fine, whatever was on top of it was complete garbage if the waffle would have had syrup or just nothing it would have been fantastic.
Old Aug 8, 2024, 6:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just finished DEN-LGA yesterday morning (8/1) and LGA-DEN noon today (8/2). No preorder either way.
Also, no priority meal orders for 1K either way. Is that still a thing or hit or miss?
Did you not get your first choice? Granted, it's difficult on the domestic narrowbody, since the front cabin can be GS/1K heavy.
Old Aug 8, 2024, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Did you not get your first choice? Granted, it's difficult on the domestic narrowbody, since the front cabin can be GS/1K heavy.
I really don't know what the options were. By the time our FA got to me, my choices were the waffle or southwestern scramble. FWIW, ex-DEN pre-order is back for my DEN-SFO flight next Tuesday
Old Aug 9, 2024, 7:34 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SFO777
I really don't know what the options were. By the time our FA got to me, my choices were the waffle or southwestern scramble. FWIW, ex-DEN pre-order is back for my DEN-SFO flight next Tuesday
Ugh - sounds like either the FA went front to back without regards to status, or too many GS/1K, with the assumption that they did not bother with the status acknowledgement.
Old Aug 9, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
8/9
RSW - EWR

In order from least offensive to most:

1. Salt
2. Vinaigrette dressing
3. Pepper
4. Bread (was warm)
5. Frozen butter - tied with blueberry “dessert”
6. Puck de Polenta
7. The dry cucumber salad
8. Stale nuts
9. White “wine”
10. Chicken

dw, choch345, MatthewLAX and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Polenta abuse is so sad
MatthewLAX and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Aug 9, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
1. Salt
2. Vinaigrette dressing
3. Pepper
4. Bread (was warm)
6. Puck de Polenta
8. Stale nuts
9. White “wine”
10. Chicken
LOL. Even the pre-order PR pic looked vile.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2024, 11:32 am

Preorder meal premium transcon

I have flown premium transcon in "Polaris" Business many times between LAX and EWR. This is the first time I've actually been given the option to pre-order a meal. Recommendations and thoughts on my options? Thanks.

Old Aug 10, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: MP Silver
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
8/9
RSW - EWR

1. Salt
2. Vinaigrette dressing
3. Pepper
4. Bread (was warm)
6. Puck de Polenta
8. Stale nuts
9. White “wine”
10. Chicken

that is a sad looking chicken parm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.