Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Epic (Award) Flight Deals In Your Future - rescheduled for week of 5 August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2024, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Promotion Link: https://www.united.com/en-us/spacwod-teaser-2 - Note: SMS/Text sign up page does not work if you put in your MileagePlus number.

Previously at United: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...every-day.html

Destination / Mileage / Travel and Blackout Dates
  1. Monday 5 AUG: Australia (SYD, MEL, BNE) - 40,000 Miles Oneway (45,000 if not Chase card holder), AUG 5, 2024 - MAR 31, 2025 - excluding DEC 19, 2024 - JAN 9, 2025
  2. Tuesday 6 AUG: New Zealand (AKL + CHC) - 40,000 Miles Oneway (45,000 if not Chase card holder), through MAR 31, 2025 - excluding DEC 13, 2024 - JAN 9, 2025
  3. Wednesday 7 AUG: Papeete Tahiti (PPT) - 30,000 Miles Oneway (35,000 if not Chase card holder), through MAR 31, 2025 - excluding DEC 13, 2024 - JAN 9, 2025
  4. Thursday 8 AUG: Taipei (TPE) - 40,000 Miles Oneway (45,000 if not Chase card holder), through DEC 12, 2024
  5. Friday 9 AUG: Hong Kong (HKG) - 40,000 Miles Oneway (45,000 if not Chase card holder), through DEC 12, 2024

Rules and Restriction
  • Origin / Destination: 48 contiguous U.S. states
  • Ticketing: Only the day of the promotion (destination / rules announced 00:00 Central Time on website (app might be based on the time on the device?), US originating fare is priced based on later of (?) Central Time or US origin time - for example, fare kicks in at 00:00 Pacific for fares originating from Pacific Time Zone)
  • Class of Service: Economy
  • Round Trip Required: No
  • Operating Carrier: United/United Express Only
  • Excursionist Perk: Yes if round trip to the same region and operating carrier does not have to be United
  • Changes: MIleagePlus Rules Apply (Re-Pricing)
  • Miles and Cash: ?
  • Redeposits: MileagePlus Rules Apply
Print Wikipost

Epic (Award) Flight Deals In Your Future - rescheduled for week of 5 August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2024, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have access to VPN?
(I come to the conclusion that international travelers need VPN due to GeoBlocking that many sites have (not talking UA here but many others))
I have VPN but I try not to use it. I think some systems (like IG) get confused when they see you in one place one minute and another the next minute.

The interesting thing is the Captcha thing on my computer does not pop up with an image no matter how many times I have tried it but on the iPad it did. That was I suspected it is a location thing - I have run into situations where Captcha did not work overseas. I know it does not necessarily pop images up all the time but never got one on the computer with this page.

I guess we will find out soon enough.
Old Jul 28, 2024, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Promo Page counted down to 0, then it said Promo is Over and now says it starts in 6 days 25 hours and ends 8/9/24.

Either a programming problem or they actually pushed it back again? The funny thing is the old page said:

These deals are worth the wait

on the bottom but the refreshed 8/9 page said:

These deals are still worth the wait

My App does not show it either.
Aussienarelle and BigDangler like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 1:14 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Yep, showing August 5 now
Old Jul 29, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
This is pathetic. I am sure this will only be trumped by the deals itself, once they finally post.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 4:41 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Maybe not enough people have signed up for United Texts yet.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Yeah, pretty pathetic showing on United for getting a promo executed.

If it was bad optics to run a promo shorty after a major IT bug, it is definitely bad optics pushing it out by another week. Average joes and janes are going to be less interested...don't be surprised on people not even bother when the promo finally runs.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17

If it was bad optics to run a promo shorty after a major IT bug,.
The heads up was before Crowdstrike

DL has also delayed something they had been teasing

The extra week delay was poor forecasting though
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:44 am

Perhaps this promotion is just a prelude to another mass-scale devaluation, and they figured better to push it out again - for optics
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:51 am

Programs: United Platinum, Frontier Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Somebody over on reddit said that adding your Mileage Plus number to the email signup form makes it error out. So I filled out the form again but without my FF number, and, indeed, the sign up worked. I got a confirmation text message on my phone.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Can we get a thread title change?

-RM
You mean to: Epic Wait (Award) Flight Deals In Your Future - now coming week of 5 Aug. not 22 or 29 July

FTDDD and Repooc17 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Somebody over on reddit said that adding your Mileage Plus number to the email signup form makes it error out. So I filled out the form again but without my FF number, and, indeed, the sign up worked. I got a confirmation text message on my phone.
Thanks. Just tried and it worked.
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Can we get a thread title change?

-RM
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by username
You mean to: Epic Wait (Award) Flight Deals In Your Future - now coming week of 5 Aug. not 22 or 29 July

I would support the thread title change.
To be fair, United never used the word "Epic", it was OP's wording.
Happy to see the word "Epic" deleted.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jul 29, 2024 at 10:28 am
Old Jul 29, 2024, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

The extra week delay was poor forecasting though
The IT bug happened on a Friday, and the promotion push out was on the following Monday.

Anyway, someone had suggested the 1st push was due to the optics of the IT bug fall out.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
​​​​​​I would support the thread title change.
To be fair, United never used the word "Epic", it was OP's wording.
Happy to see the word "Epic" deleted.
Of course United did. Screenshot of the 1st date change email below:

SPN Lifer and UA_Flyer like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by Repooc17
The IT bug happened on a Friday, and the promotion push out was on the following Monday.

Anyway, someone had suggested the 1st push was due to the optics of the IT bug fall out.
The email giving advance notice went out 18-19th overnight. Before Crowdstrike took hold.

DL scrapped something it had cooking on 7/22 with no return in sight. They couldn’t even recover mainline operations properly 5-7 days later.

UA can just start it over. Nobody but folks with an axe to grind and anything UA being a grinder will care about the specific rollout timing..
Old Jul 29, 2024, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The email giving advance notice went out 18-19th overnight. Before Crowdstrike took hold.

DL scrapped something it had cooking on 7/22 with no return in sight. They couldn’t even recover mainline operations properly 5-7 days later.
Per above screenshot, the email with change notice came in on July 22.

I don't know what does this promo has to do with Delta...who can race faster to the bottom?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.