Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa (Operated by United Airlines Inc)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2003 | 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold

I keep getting these type of flights when trying to book on United's web site. If I get one of these tickets will I get the the 100% bonus for 1P? Will I get the other 1P beneifts? I read the Lufthansa thread a few weeks ago which painted a poor picture for them.

I have noticed that some USAIR flights show up the same way, what about them?
Old Oct 18, 2003 | 10:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
I keep getting these type of flights when trying to book on United's web site. If I get one of these tickets will I get the the 100% bonus for 1P? Will I get the other 1P beneifts? I read the Lufthansa thread a few weeks ago which painted a poor picture for them.

I have noticed that some USAIR flights show up the same way, what about them?
</font>

these are called codeshares - and if you do a search this forum for "codeshares " you will get a lot of useful info.

good luck!
thanks

squeakr
MOD UAL
Old Oct 18, 2003 | 11:36 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
MIKEM, as far as I know, yes, you will receive your 1P bonus on these flights. In fact, any LH flights across the Atlantic now benefit from the Premier bonuses! For US flights, yes, you also do receive the Premier bonuses.

Here is the text from the United.com website:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">...bonus will be valid on all US Airways, US Airways Express or US Airways Shuttle flights. This bonus is also valid on transatlantic Lufthansa flights between the U.S. and Europe.</font>
------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Oct 18, 2003 | 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
40 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
If it says "operated by United Airlines," (AKA "UA metal") regardless of whether the flight number shown is for LH or some other carrier, you should get your miles and bonuses.

The ones you have to watch out for say "operated by XYZ," where XYZ is something OTHER THAN United. Then it's time to read the fine print (like the example cited above for LH transatlantics).

Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.