Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative airport for PVG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008 | 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Alternative airport for PVG

Due to UA Longhaul problem, I’m thinking about rebooking scenario. If UA857 to PVG delay/cancel again, can I ask rebooking on SFO-PEK-HGH (UA889-UA4405) instead of (SFO-???-PVG)?
Old Jan 17, 2008 | 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Do they have that type of agreement with Air China? Maybe a better option would be to ask for a seat on the SFO-NRT and a ticket on ANA from NRT-PVG (or HGH and take the train up to PVG if that's convenient for you).
Old Jan 17, 2008 | 6:09 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I think you might have better luck with SHA instead of Hangzhou.
Old Jan 17, 2008 | 6:18 pm
Original Poster

The reasons for this routing are:
1. My father doesn't speak Good English. So we don't want him to have connection anyplace other than China.
2. His final destination is HangZhou and Airport bus to HangZhou does not operate very late (I think lask bus is ~ 8pm)
Old Jan 17, 2008 | 7:18 pm

Location: some days Chapel Hill, NC; other days Weihai, China
Programs: UA GS; MU; LH; AC; OS
CA1547 (UA 4405) only has B fare or higher available for 19 Jan.
I'm not sure what fare bucket is your dad's ticket, but if not B or higher,
likely UA will not unless you pay a premium.

HOWEVER.... you could book CA1547 as eticket for 1040 yuan + tax separately online, assuming UA will reroute to PEK and is on time. You could hold off booking til closer to departure. It's a tight connection, for he will have to collect his luggage and get over to the domestic side of the airport.

cAlso, CA1708 departs PEK to HGH at 6:45pm... same price... that would give him more time.

Soooooo either UA can do the whole trip reroute for you, or you can pay another ~$150 US if it's worth it to you.

Good luck to you.

By the way, here's a little booking engine I use for China domestic tickets. It's great. You can book eticket or he can pick up in PEK.

http://ticket.9588.com/FlightTicket/Main_E.aspx

(mods not sure this is ok to post the weblink, but thought it would help the OP's cause)

zzyster
Old Jan 17, 2008 | 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all feedbacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.