Search

Look up eticket number ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Look up eticket number ?

Hi,

I couldn't find an answer to this through a search nor through the faqs, but I think there's a qucik answer from the experts here.

I did make a booking with UA (reservation online, booking by telephone). Now I am looking for the eticket numbers, since those should have already been issued. Can someone let me know how I can look those up online ? I thought it would be under "My Iten." but it isn't there.

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:16 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Go to "my itineraries". Click on the 'e-receipt' link. On this page you can find both your record locator number (generally useful), as well as your ticket number (scroll down). Don't too often have need for the ticket number...
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:18 am

I'll ask a question myself... if you have booked a UA code-share on another carrier's metal, besides calling UA and asking, is there a way to find the record locator for the other carrier? You might want to do this if you want to go to the other carrier's website to select a seat...

Last edited by mauiUAflyer; Feb 11, 2008 at 7:19 am Reason: removed redundant text
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Maui, is it not the same? I think the PNR is the same one used by both UA and the codeshare.
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:37 am
Original Poster

It's a pure UA itenary, but it seems that I am blind.

I go to: View my itineraries
There I can see:
- Held itineraries
- Current itineraries

Under "Current itineraries" I see the iten. in question. But I don't see any "eticket receipt button" neither in this overview nor when clicking on "view/modify iten.".

Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by TheAirman

There I can see:
- Held itineraries
- Current itineraries

Under "Current itineraries" I see the iten. in question. But I don't see any "eticket receipt button" neither in this overview nor when clicking on "view/modify iten.".

Hmm, below the "view/modify iten." link there should be a "e-receipt" link.

For me, since I have to use a corp. travel agent, the only time there is no "e-receipt" link is when the tickets have not yet been purchased. I certainly hope there is another explanation in your case.
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:44 am

There I can see:
- Held itineraries
- Current itineraries

The "ereceipt" link is on the RHS, just under the "view/modify" link. If there is no e-receipt link it means that the reservation hasn't been ticketed yet.
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 7:48 am

Originally Posted by HaeMaker
Maui, is it not the same? I think the PNR is the same one used by both UA and the codeshare.
No, the airlines use different PNR's for the same reservation. I have a mixed reservation with some flights on UA metal, some UA codeshares on US metal. Booked on .bomb. I can see the itinerary and select seats on the UA metal flights, but not on the codeshares. I got the US PNR (different from the UA PNR) and was able to go on the US website and select seats for the codeshare flights. But I got the PNR over the phone. I was wondering if there is some way to get it without calling...
Old Feb 11, 2008 | 9:20 am

Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
No, the airlines use different PNR's for the same reservation. I have a mixed reservation with some flights on UA metal, some UA codeshares on US metal. Booked on .bomb. I can see the itinerary and select seats on the UA metal flights, but not on the codeshares. I got the US PNR (different from the UA PNR) and was able to go on the US website and select seats for the codeshare flights. But I got the PNR over the phone. I was wondering if there is some way to get it without calling...
I'm not aware of a way to get it other than calling.

And, to the OP, if your reservation has already been ticketed and charged to your credit card, try going online to your credit card's website and looking at the transaction history. Many credit cards show the e-ticket number when you purchase a plane ticket.
Old Feb 15, 2008 | 5:52 am
Original Poster

Update:

It still doesn't show ticketed. When calling United they tell me it's on hold, but sent off to ticketing in FRA.
Is this usual to have it so long on hold ?

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Feb 15, 2008 | 7:52 am

Programs: MP, Hilton, SPG
Angry

I had a UA code share flight on LH metal wanted an aisle seat reservation. Calling UA I was told that there is nothing they can do about. I had to call LH and got a different PNR and they did a seat reservation wich United had to confirm. I called three times LH and UA to make shure that all went fine and so I was told. Finally at the airport I ended up with no reserved seat They told me all happened because of the different PNR the airlines assign.
Old Feb 16, 2008 | 12:01 am

homunculus, i dont know why some operating carriers cannot assign if you book it thru codeshare partner... from what i know, they should give you seat because on airline system, they can only see seat map and assign seat on their own flts.

TheAirman
, which website were you when you made the booking? united.com or worldwide site? because some people who dont have US/CA billing address, they are given 3 days to hold the itin and they need to go to the nearest airport have it ticketed there.

Last edited by l0cagrrrl; Feb 16, 2008 at 12:08 am
Old Apr 18, 2008 | 7:12 am
Original Poster

Update:

Well in the end it was ticketed and could retrieve the receipt. However noone at UA could answer why ticketing took so long.
Old Apr 18, 2008 | 8:17 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Now I am looking for the eticket numbers, since those should have already been issued. Can someone let me know how I can look those up online ? I thought it would be under "My Iten." but it isn't there.
For future reference a easy way to find the ticket numbers (not the PNR) on a paid ticket is to look at the chargecard statement that you used to pay for your ticket. IME the ticket number is always there (at least for UA).
Old Apr 18, 2008 | 9:10 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
20 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HaeMaker
I've seen reservations made by my corporate travel agency which have three separate PNRs associated with them, unfortunately. One which is their "own" and which calls up the itin in the "Virtually There" site; another which belongs to the operating carrier (i.e. UA), and a third for the codeshare partner whose flights were booked (i.e. US, when the travel agency booked me on US flights operated by UA, for example).

It can be a pain to keep them straight.

Edited to add:

Also, if you need the e-receipt for various purposes (tax, employer reimbursement, etc.), you should get a copy of it ASAP--I usually also get one at the airport if I have time, from Mr. Easy Chicken.

Why? The e-receipt for past flights I have found can change / deviate significantly, if it works at all. I've had it claim a flight I took was $650 when it was actually $250, for example. Obviously, I wouldn't use the $650 "receipt" for any reimbursement purposes, but wow, imagine if you needed the receipt and couldn't get the right info on it!

Last edited by exerda; Apr 18, 2008 at 9:28 am Reason: additional info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.