Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS Devalues Delta One Awards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:16 am
Original Poster

VS Devalues Delta One Awards

I'll be the first to say that given the state of D1 awards (i.e., mostly being unobtanium) that this change is probably effectively not a big impact on most. Overnight they appear to have raised the points cost on some D1 European flights (added peak rates) and added a $1k surcharge. VS really does seem to be slowly but surely squeezing the value out of their awards program.

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...eam/delta.html

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 2, 2024 at 9:22 am
Old Jul 2, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I'll be the first to say that given the state of D1 awards (i.e., mostly being unobtanium) that this change is probably effectively not a big impact on most. Overnight they appear to have raised the points cost on some D1 European flights (added peak rates) and added a $1k surcharge. VS really does seem to be slowly but surely squeezing the value out of their awards program.

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...eam/delta.html
I agree the change sucks but I have been looking weekly for US East coast to Europe on Delta for over year and i have never seen Delta in J being offered on Virgin. Still a terrible change. There is some space being offered on Air France in J for next year. My advice for anyone thinking of Europe next year to book Air France asap before the inventory is pulled. I. would go ahead and book right now as Virgin points are almost becoming useless now.The 1K in fees is also hilarious. They are literally pissing in our faces and telling us that is raining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.