Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Headphone plug on Virgin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Headphone plug on Virgin

I was wondering if you needed an adapter to use your own headphones on Virgin Atlantic flights? I am flying economy class next month from LGW to MCO (Flight No.VS027) and always like to use my own Sennheiser headphones on aircrafts to cut out the background noise.

From a little online research, I believe the aircraft is a Boeing 747-400.

Help or info anyone???

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:39 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Yes, if the IFE is working, you will have no problem using your own headphones. Virgin use the standard small (iPod type) jack in Y.

Nick
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Yes, if the IFE is working, you will have no problem using your own headphones. Virgin use the standard small (iPod type) jack in Y.

Nick
Sorry Nick,

Does that me I can simply plug my 3.5mm headphone jack into the armrest socket/s or will I need to buy a standard 2 pin adaptor (like some other airlines)?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No adapter needed.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by Sonichilltop
Sorry Nick,

Does that me I can simply plug my 3.5mm headphone jack into the armrest socket/s or will I need to buy a standard 2 pin adaptor (like some other airlines)?

Thanks
If I read that correctly, then no. VS does have two pin connectors in Upper Class, but one is to supply power to the noise cancelling headsets provided in UC. Even these sockets still work with your own, standard, headset jacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.