Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ashill
How old is the toddler? PP says children under 2 are complimentary. Presumably it depends what the lounge agent enters into their computer for the child; that’s the only way PP would know whether to charge or not. If the lounge said the toddler is 2 or older, PP would have had to pay the lounge for them. If they’re under two, definitely complain. I suspect it’s ultimately the lounge’s fault, but I’d say it’s up to PP/Amex to sort it out with Westjet.
Where do you see children under 2 being complimentary?

Since there are so many credit-card-specific variations of Priority Pass out there, it's usually the T&C about 'their' version of Priority Pass that prevails.

When I look at the Amex Platinum Canada rules for access under "Terms & Conditions" on this page, the only mentions of different rules for a member's child are for (1) Amex's own Centurion Lounges and (2) for Swissport Lounges. No mention on that page of different rules for kids when access is via a Priority Pass secured via Amex. Amex's terms for Priority Pass only say you get one guest, and any additional people are subject to a charge.
Da_Master likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerJ

Since there are so many credit-card-specific variations of Priority Pass out there, it's usually the T&C about 'their' version of Priority Pass that prevails.
My Priority Pass Select membership is through (US) Chase Sapphire Reserve. These are the conditions specific to the WestJet Elevation Lounge in the Priority Pass app.

Terms & Conditions, including "Children under 2 years are admitted free"
FlyerJ likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 6:49 pm

That’s a Priority Pass and Amex issue, not so much one with a specific lounge.

When it comes to PP, I don’t think staff in any PP participating lounge know about all of the different types of PP, nor do they determine whether to assess any charges or have any idea what the charges should be. They just scan the PP card, enter the number of people, and scan the boarding pass.

I know that the Priority Pass that comes with my Platinum Amex covers me plus one guest — but different cards get different versions of PP.

My kids are past toddler age, so I don’t know if there are different entry rules or benefits for young kids. You should take it up with Priority Pass if you think the child should have been free.

How old is the toddler? PP says children under 2 are complimentary. Presumably it depends what the lounge agent enters into their computer for the child; that’s the only way PP would know whether to charge or not. If the lounge said the toddler is 2 or older, PP would have had to pay the lounge for them. If they’re under two, definitely complain. I suspect it’s ultimately the lounge’s fault, but I’d say it’s up to PP/Amex to sort it out with Westjet.

When I look at the Amex Platinum Canada rules for access under "Terms & Conditions" on this page, the only mentions of different rules for a member's child are for (1) Amex's own Centurion Lounges and (2) for Swissport Lounges. No mention on that page of different rules for kids when access is via a Priority Pass secured via Amex. Amex's terms for Priority Pass only say you get one guest, and any additional people are subject to a charge.
I ended up calling PP. Agent did say primary + guest get complimentary visit for that particular lounge and < 2 yo is free. She also sees that total 3 people (me and 2 guests) was what WJ input in their system, hence, the charge. She suggested that I email them the birth cert of the toddler...then they can do the refund.
FlyerJ and ashill like this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had my first successful visit to the lounge with Priority Pass last Tuesday 5/28 at about 6pm. The line monitor said it was full, "might be 20 mins, might be an hour" which seemed like she was trying to convince us to go away even though there were only 2 people in front of us. My +1 and I stuck it out and 5, maybe 10 mins later they let us in. The agent inside said "you should go buy a lotto ticket" for getting in with PP at that time of day.

Once inside, we grabbed a couple seats near the bar. The lounge was busy, but hardly packed. We split the cheese plate and I had the bulgogi beef both that was decent, if not terribly flavourful. Cocktails were good too. My gf asked for a espresso martini that wasn't on the QR code menu, which the bartender made for her anyway, and to our surprise by the time we left a manager came up to her to say that they added it to the QR menu if she wanted to order another. Talk about real time feedback!
Fisch likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
The lounge wasn't accepting Priority Pass customers at 2 PM today. They had a big sign out front saying that they are "welcoming WS status members and Business Class customers", but I poked my head in to ask anyway.
Yeah we returned from Paris in Premium Economy last week and my new Dragonpass was rejected. The inconsistency of access is annoying. And the limited seating for couples not great either. I had the impression that they also limit the number of alcoholic drinks one can order.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 4:03 pm

Programs: None. Like Zero. :(
Just as a data point-- I attempted to access the lounge on July 2nd using dragon pass. My flight was delayed and they did not let me in at the original time of my flight and instead referred me 3 hours before my new time to leave. No problem. But when I went back-- they had the sign that says only WS pax in J or the various levels of WS rewards that allow access. I did poke in to ask. And was informed to wait.

Well, I waited for an hour there. Watched a ton of dragon pass ppl also get rejected. Finally I had to leave without going in. In hindsight, I should have asked if they would allow me to just buy access instead of relying on dragon pass.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by meepmix
Just as a data point-- I attempted to access the lounge on July 2nd using dragon pass. My flight was delayed and they did not let me in at the original time of my flight and instead referred me 3 hours before my new time to leave. No problem. But when I went back-- they had the sign that says only WS pax in J or the various levels of WS rewards that allow access. I did poke in to ask. And was informed to wait.

Well, I waited for an hour there. Watched a ton of dragon pass ppl also get rejected. Finally I had to leave without going in. In hindsight, I should have asked if they would allow me to just buy access instead of relying on dragon pass.
Or go to the Aspire Lounge in the D gates. It’s not quite as nice, but it’s just fine and I’ve never had trouble getting in with Priority Pass. (Does Aspire accept DragonPass?) The WestJet lounge is certainly not enough better to be worth waiting an hour for!
meepmix likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 8:53 pm

Programs: None. Like Zero. :(
Not gonna lie.. the food is good at the Elevation lounge. So much so that I do try and go there every time I'm at YYC.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 9:59 pm

(Does Aspire accept DragonPass?)
I've gotten into the transborder lounge at YYC via DragonPass relatively recently (on a rare occasion when I wasn't flying with WS); I would assume this is also possible at the D lounge, but given the option to get into a lounge via Plat status I'd go to the Elevation lounge every time.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sgrunt
I've gotten into the transborder lounge at YYC via DragonPass relatively recently (on a rare occasion when I wasn't flying with WS); I would assume this is also possible at the D lounge, but given the option to get into a lounge via Plat status I'd go to the Elevation lounge every time.
I’ve gotten into both the D and transborder ones without trouble; all indications are that they’re the same access rules.
Old Jul 25, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
WestJet Silver Lounge Passes

Layover is about nine hours.
EDI-YYC-YXC
All on one ticket.
Guests told max three hours prior to departure of YXC flight. Does that rule still apply when connecting ?
Old Jul 25, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by taupo
Guests told max three hours prior to departure of YXC flight. Does that rule still apply when connecting ?
As a Plat, I've entered the lounge up to 5 hours early when connecting and never had any issues. Since my access is tied to my status I can use the self check-in scanner when travelling solo and that generally works regardless of timing.

If I did have to speak to a staff member and they took issue, I would've pointed out that the long connection was a result of WS' schedules, not my choice. It looks like you're in that boat with YXC as your destination - the long connection is because that's when the next flight is - it's not as if you've gone to the airport early just to spend your day in the lounge.
taupo and Da_Master like this.
Old Jul 25, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by V1213
As a Plat, I've entered the lounge up to 5 hours early when connecting and never had any issues. Since my access is tied to my status I can use the self check-in scanner when travelling solo and that generally works regardless of timing.

If I did have to speak to a staff member and they took issue, I would've pointed out that the long connection was a result of WS' schedules, not my choice. It looks like you're in that boat with YXC as your destination - the long connection is because that's when the next flight is - it's not as if you've gone to the airport early just to spend your day in the lounge.
100% agree.
It was my 22yo daughter and partner, not quite as assertive as you and might be, she will get there
Old Jul 26, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by V1213

I tried that (albeit using Priority Pass) when I had the shortest available connection on a CDG-YYC-YYF trip, which was five hours. Usually I'd been let in no trouble, but last time I did it I was told to wait until three hours before departure (by which point they weren't accepting Priority Pass anyway).
Old Aug 2, 2024, 1:02 pm

Anyone have a pic of a recent food menu (daytime food, not breakfast)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.