Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Credit Card Offers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019 | 7:34 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by frank_10b
I think its only 6K with af nothing more.
This is correct, Wyndham removed the annual 3K bonus for Platinum members, which renders this credit card useless after SUB. Barclays really needs to step up to be competitive.
Old Aug 13, 2019 | 3:01 pm
20 Years on Site

I received a survey from Wyndham within the last several weeks regarding possible changes to the Barclay Wyndham credit card, and quite honestly, with the new 30K top tier and loss of the all-inclusive resorts, none of the potential "enhancements" to the card would entice me to apply for it. I burned through 23 free nights this year so far, and will use my remaining stash of Wyndham Rewards points over the next 12 months. Then, I'm done with Wyndham.
Old Aug 13, 2019 | 7:10 pm
15 Years on Site

We have the Wyndham card that gives us 15k points per year for ( I believe) a $69 AF ...............transfer to Caesars and that's $150.

The current SUB is a joke, should be 90K now

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 14, 2019 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 14, 2019 | 2:17 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by flyer4512
We have the Wyndham card that gives us 15k points per year for ( I believe) a $69 AF) ...............transfer to Caesars and that's $150.

The current SUB is a joke, should be 90K now
That's also the card that offers two points per dollar spent at any merchant. None of the potential changes to the card offer that earning structure, so if you value Wyndham points, I would hold on to the card. When I decided to wash my hands of Wyndham, I canceled the card, as I didn't want to be motivated to rack up any more points.

I agree with the 90K. I'm not sure who would pick up the current card.
Old Aug 14, 2019 | 2:52 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by TTT103
That's also the card that offers two points per dollar spent at any merchant. None of the potential changes to the card offer that earning structure, so if you value Wyndham points, I would hold on to the card. When I decided to wash my hands of Wyndham, I canceled the card, as I didn't want to be motivated to rack up any more points.

I agree with the 90K. I'm not sure who would pick up the current card.
Thanks but our CC spend goes towards new cards and SUB not "x" points per dollar.

We hold on to the card because we get double the AF when we transfer to Caesars.
Old Aug 14, 2019 | 5:00 pm
Suspended

No Offer for Me

My AF just posted so I called asked to be transferred to a US Call center, got a very nice csr but he said he checked and my acct had no offers that he could extend to me , other then changing to the no fee card

Was hoping at least for 1/2 of the fee being credited (didnt ask for anything) and the csr was kind in that he said dont CX the card till it closes since you have over 10K in pts you earned during this current period (like I would have done anything else, but still nice of him to make sure I knew that)

I usually dont stay at Wyn properties and ca$h out for 1 only

I will; try once more when its time to CX on the due date, its not worth the $75, probably will go with the non AF card, since its still 2x for supermkts and gas
Old Aug 14, 2019 | 7:30 pm
20 Years on Site

I had the annual fee credited back two years in a row, but called after in posted. When I ultimately canceled the card, no offers were made, but the annual fee had not yet posted., either.
Old Aug 16, 2019 | 5:54 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by craz
My AF just posted so I called asked to be transferred to a US Call center, got a very nice csr but he said he checked and my acct had no offers that he could extend to me , other then changing to the no fee card

Was hoping at least for 1/2 of the fee being credited (didnt ask for anything) and the csr was kind in that he said dont CX the card till it closes since you have over 10K in pts you earned during this current period (like I would have done anything else, but still nice of him to make sure I knew that)

I usually dont stay at Wyn properties and ca$h out for 1 only

I will; try once more when its time to CX on the due date, its not worth the $75, probably will go with the non AF card, since its still 2x for supermkts and gas

Cancel your card and re apply for the NAF card and you will get 15k points.............if you downgrade you won't get any points
Old Aug 17, 2019 | 8:29 pm
Suspended

Cancel your card and re apply for the NAF card and you will get 15k points.............if you downgrade you won't get any points
Already had that card and got the pts, but my problem is I have over 10k in pts on this months bill thus far with more to come, so till the statement closes and the pts more over I cant CX the card
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 9:28 am
15 Years on Site

Already had that card and got the pts, but my problem is I have over 10k in pts on this months bill thus far with more to come, so till the statement closes and the pts more over I cant CX the card

You can get Wyndham cards and the same bonus multiple times. I have done this at least 4 times with the 45k card and twice on the 15k card
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 10:52 am
Suspended

You can get Wyndham cards and the same bonus multiple times. I have done this at least 4 times with the 45k card and twice on the 15k card
Did you never have both cards at the same time? that would be ideal

Dont want to apply for the 15 while I still have the 45 open unless I know for sure it will be approved
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 1:40 pm
15 Years on Site

Did you never have both cards at the same time? that would be ideal

Dont want to apply for the 15 while I still have the 45 open unless I know for sure it will be approved

Yes I have had a AF and NAF Wyndham open at the same time as they are 2 different products, I actually had 2 of the 45K card open at the same time but Barclay has new rules these days. If you churn heavy you probably won't get it but I would give it a shot before I downgraded for no points

I would cancel the 45K card and a month later apply for the 15K
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 2:27 pm
Suspended

Yes I have had a AF and NAF Wyndham open at the same time as they are 2 different products, I actually had 2 of the 45K card open at the same time but Barclay has new rules these days. If you churn heavy you probably won't get it but I would give it a shot before I downgraded for no points

I would cancel the 45K card and a month later apply for the 15K
I would love to beable to CX the 45K and wait 1 month and apply for the 15K. I dont have that leeway, so I will apply for the 15K Im sure it wont be approved then and there. Had the Arrival for < a year that I CXed a month ago and hope they end up approving it, if not then I will have to downgrade the 45k to the no AF card

Last edited by craz; Aug 18, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 4:36 pm
15 Years on Site

I would love to beable to CX the 45K and wait 1 month and apply for the 15K. I dont have that leeway, so I will apply for the 15K Im sure it wont be approved then and there. Had the Arrival for < a year that I CXed a month ago and hope they end up approving it, if not then I will have to downgrade the 45k to the no AF card

I have to ask...................why can't you go without a Wyndham card for a month ?

I have had the Arrival card at least 4 times..........I believe Barclay pulled new arrival apps................again
Old Aug 18, 2019 | 4:55 pm
Suspended

I have to ask...................why can't you go without a Wyndham card for a month ?
for several reasons, 1- need to get enough pts for what I hope will be a Dec trip, 2- I have some large purchases coming up in Sept that cant be put off 3- have an Oct stay at my Ramada where friends will charge their meals and then pay me in ca$h, thats a few grand

By not getting the card till after my Oct trip it means no way to get enough pts for the Dec trip, Intl location Oct just short of a 2 week stay, Dec would be 1 week all on pts. Honestly felt with the amount I charged on it in the last year at a min they would have gone 50-50 with me, with an outside shot at getting it all, wasnt expecting the SOL line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.