Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Credit Card Offers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019 | 12:34 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by craz
for several reasons, 1- need to get enough pts for what I hope will be a Dec trip, 2- I have some large purchases coming up in Sept that cant be put off 3- have an Oct stay at my Ramada where friends will charge their meals and then pay me in ca$h, thats a few grand

By not getting the card till after my Oct trip it means no way to get enough pts for the Dec trip, Intl location Oct just short of a 2 week stay, Dec would be 1 week all on pts. Honestly felt with the amount I charged on it in the last year at a min they would have gone 50-50 with me, with an outside shot at getting it all, wasnt expecting the SOL line

You must see great value in Wyndham points even after the deval,

Just an fyi, the card with the AF earns 5 points at Wyndham while the NAF card earns 3 points so if you spend that much at Wyndham it may be worth the AF

Personally I would churn cards and put that $$ on a new SUB but to each his own.
Old Aug 19, 2019 | 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
You must see great value in Wyndham points even after the deval,

Just an fyi, the card with the AF earns 5 points at Wyndham while the NAF card earns 3 points so if you spend that much at Wyndham it may be worth the AF

Personally I would churn cards and put that $$ on a new SUB but to each his own.
The Ramada I stay at would cost >$250 a night , while my reg hotel nearby to it this Oct would cost me $183 when it was usually apx $125 and Im at The Ramada anyways everyday. Id say The Ramada is a solid 4* while my reg place a 2 1/2 - 3* now that poured alot of $$ into it closer to a 3*

Id estimate each night ends up costing me bet $95 - 105 at the Ramada, so save some money over what I would have paid at my reg place yet get a much nicer hotel and larger standard room to boot, plus a much larger parking lot, teh streets are metered parking while the lot is free

No question if this was Dec or later i would have simply closed the 45 waited and applied for the 15, but being its Aug I dont have that liberty

Thx know about the 5x vis 3x, but not worth spending $75 for a couple of 1000 pts
Old Aug 19, 2019 | 3:31 pm
15 Years on Site

Thx know about the 5x vis 3x, but not worth spending $75 for a couple of 1000 pts

Plus 6,000 points a year for renewing the card and Platinum status. If you stay at Wyndham often that seems like it would cover the $75

We have two Wyndham 15K points per year cards that we keep open and pay the AF on, we cancelled all our other wyndham cards after the deval

We transfer our Wyndham points to Caesars so the $75 AF = $150 at Caesars

My goal ( which we achieve) is to fly and stay for free, we pay an AF on a few cards, IHG is well worth $49 for the free night per year and platinum status which can be matched to Wyndham Diamond and thus Caesars Diamond staus, Wyndham transfers to Caesars and is worth $150..........Hyatt waives resort fees in Hawaii and also gives a free night...............

We are closing in on our $3k spend on our new AA card which gives us 63K miles ( down from 78K not long ago) and my wife opened another AA card today................the game keeps going..............

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 19, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Plus 6,000 points a year for renewing the card and Platinum status. If you stay at Wyndham often that seems like it would cover the $75

We have two Wyndham 15K points per year cards that we keep open and pay the AF on, we cancelled all our other wyndham cards after the deval

We transfer our Wyndham points to Caesars so the $75 AF = $150 at Caesars

My goal ( which we achieve) is to fly and stay for free, we pay an AF on a few cards, IHG is well worth $49 for the free night per year and platinum status which can be matched to Wyndham Diamond and thus Caesars Diamond staus, Wyndham transfers to Caesars and is worth $150..........Hyatt waives resort fees in Hawaii and also gives a free night...............

We are closing in on our $3k spend on our new AA card which gives us 63K miles ( down from 78K not long ago) and my wife opened another AA card today................the game keeps going..............
Well I guess the denial letter is in the mail. Usually by now if approved I would have seen the new card info when I logged into my acct @ barclay, all I see is my 45k card and a CXed card I had with them and cxed a couple of months ago

Guess i will have to downgrade to the no AF card, at the present for $75 I can work and get 15k, so not worth spending the $75 for 6k.

I dont stay on a reg basis at a WYN prop, so status is useless as the Ramada I stay at has 2 special suites and wont get either on a pts stay and thats the only time I stay there is when using pts

It was worth the shot, but didnt think theyd OK the card since I still had the 45k open and with alot of Spend on it and recently cxed another card of theirs
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 6:57 pm
15 Years on Site

Well I guess the denial letter is in the mail. Usually by now if approved I would have seen the new card info when I logged into my acct @ barclay, all I see is my 45k card and a CXed card I had with them and cxed a couple of months ago

Guess i will have to downgrade to the no AF card, at the present for $75 I can work and get 15k, so not worth spending the $75 for 6k.

I dont stay on a reg basis at a WYN prop, so status is useless as the Ramada I stay at has 2 special suites and wont get either on a pts stay and thats the only time I stay there is when using pts

It was worth the shot, but didnt think theyd OK the card since I still had the 45k open and with alot of Spend on it and recently cxed another card of theirs

Unless the rules changed in the past 6 months have the 45K ( or 30K , same card) open had nothing to do with the denial as I opened a 15k card for my wife this past spring and she has had the 45K card open for years.

Did you call recon ?

Barclay has all sorts of new rules to prevent ( or at least put the brakes on) churning, you probably broke one of them or something as simple as they want to verify your identity which is common at Barclay
Old Aug 27, 2019 | 2:32 am
15 Years on Site

New 45 k Ofer

Doc posted a new 45 k offer for Wyndham. Af waived the first year and only a $1 k spend.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...edium=facebook

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.