Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Sticky” Thread Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta

Canarsie has done the Delta Community a great service by taking the time to post the PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta.
I would ask that we let this great thread stand alone. If you have comments or compliments or complaints regarding this thread, please post your comments on this new thread.
Thanks,
Obscure2k

Last edited by obscure2k; Jul 30, 2006 at 9:49 pm
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:11 pm

Great Job! A quick look and I didn't see the Dining miles via idine. Maybe that slipped through the cracks..?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by xooz
Great Job! A quick look and I didn't see the Dining miles via idine. Maybe that slipped through the cracks..?
No — there is still a lot missing from that list. I will get to it.

The detail-oriented part of me wants to also make each item in bold a URL so that one can click directly to the sponsor of that offer, such as Hilton Hotels or American Express.

We’ll see just how detailed I can get with that thread...
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

Canarsie, you did a brilliant job and I thank you. I cannot thnk of a less selfless person on FT. Kudos to you for your generousity. Your Definitive Delta Thread will, no doubt, help countless of fliers.

Last edited by obscure2k; Jun 17, 2004 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 19, 2004, 3:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Canarsie, you might want to include the JFK Getaway Game under "Limited Time Offers" or elsewhere in your thread. My thread announcing this game will fade into obscurity long before the bonus miles opportunity expires.
Thanks....
Old Jun 19, 2004, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I tried my best to find something in the thread that Canarsie had gotten wrong so that I could make fun of him, but, alas, I failed.

Great work! ^
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:47 pm

Some of the threads have just undergone some massive updating, and yet much more work needs to be done in this huge project.

With the permission of obscure2k, I would like this thread to take on a broader role for the posting of suggestions, comments, ideas and constructive criticisms relating to the PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta thread, which is now the main “sticky” thread, as well as to the other threads referenced in that thread. Additionally, if obscure2k would oblige me, I would like the title of this thread to more accurately describe the broader scope and greater role in which I hope this thread will undertake.

I could use all the help that is possible from my fellow FlyerTalk members. I look forward to your assistance...
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
I tried my best to find something in the thread that Canarsie had gotten wrong so that I could make fun of him, but, alas, I failed.

Great work! ^
Rumor has it that Canarsie's next project will be the "Definitive Dovster Ex-Girlfriend" thread.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
Rumor has it that Canarsie's next project will be the "Definitive Dovster Ex-Girlfriend" thread.
A very difficult project, but not because there are a lot of them. It is simply because any that you might try to identify will completely deny ever having known him.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by monitor
A very difficult project, but not because there are a lot of them. It is simply because any that you might try to identify will completely deny ever having known him.
Would it be that...or maybe the UIG never existed?
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by SaveDelta
Would it be that...or maybe the UIG never existed?
Some doubters might question the existance of the BAG, but enough DL Forum members have met the UIG to know she is real.

Unfortunately, neither the UIG nor BAG ever doubted that the other was real. My life would have been a lot easier if they had.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:52 am

Help!

I really could use some help in improving the PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta “sticky” thread.

Ideally, I want it to be a valuable resource for Delta forum FlyerTalk members that is easy to use by both new and experienced FlyerTalk members where the vast up-to-date information found in that thread can be retrieved as easily as possible. I believe, for example, that the “sticky” thread could be better organized, and I am pondering on how to do so. The “sticky” thread could also be used as a “short cut” to important threads in the Delta forum via the links already included.

I cannot do it alone.

Because the actual “sticky” thread itself is locked, please use this thread (or contact me either by private message or e-mail) for input on updates, additional information, threads and Internet web sites related to Delta Air Lines which should be linked from the “sticky” thread, suggestions, comments, questions, queries, ideas, constructive criticism, discussion, alerts to outdated information and broken links, as well as any other information on how to further improve the “sticky” thread.

I will do my best to keep the “sticky” thread as updated as possible.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 25, 2005 at 12:15 pm
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You have a point there — I don’t know.

Regardless, I have renewed the call for help on the “sticky” thread. I am still not satisfied with it. I believe that it could be even easier to use, better organized, and needs more information and Delta forum thread links added to it.
I will copy this quote from another thread since it makes more sense here.

First off, Canarsie, you have done a fine job of organizing things here at the Delta board. I think I know just enough about your personality to know you strive for perfection, so yes, there is always room for improvement.

However, keep in mind, that fact is that most new posts aren't going to take more than a cursory examination at the stickys and then go onto more exiciting stuff. And, as we know, we have lots of exciting stuff here at the Delta forum.

Having said that
, keep up the good work on the stickys and remember we appreciate your work.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by indufan

Having said that
, keep up the good work on the stickys and remember we appreciate your work.
I too appreciate all the work you do here Canarsie, maybe this is why the DL is different from all the other forums. ^
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveller
I too appreciate all the work you do here Canarsie, maybe this is why the DL is different from all the other forums. ^
OK, no one else, we don't want him getting the big head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.