Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Save This Date! March Gayla! - 3/24-26/06

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!

A post by SOMEONE who claimed to be planning a PSP visit in April got me to thinking that (with queens) it is never possible to plan too far in advance.

So Save the Date! The GLBT Forum's 3rd Annual Gayla:

Palms Springs FlyerTalk Gayla III, March 24-26, 2006!!!

Last year's Gayla 2005 was a blast as you can tell by the great stories!! Please mark your calendars and bring your str8 friends, too.

Host hotel: The Villas. Hotel rates to be announced soon.

Friday Night: 8pm "Sample the Booze and Better Food Party". At the Villas. Last year was martinis, this year might be specialty ales and beers (Blue Moon comes to mind) or something. Surprise Entertainment.

Saturday Night Big Dinner: 8pm at The Red Tomato and spun by the Jeffs. Surprise Entertainment. Special seating outside the picture window for Nobbi with Chinese food delivered from next door.

Sunday Brunch: Any place but last year which sucked.

Sunday Beer Bust: 6pm at The Barracks. Surprise Entertainment by bluesincenew, his bf StSebastian and our friend, Albert.

Our previous Gayla's have always been surprisingly fun!

Links, etc. will be posted maybe in September. Sooner, if I get bored which doesn't happen very often.

Last edited by peteropny; Oct 18, 2005 at 3:48 pm Reason: Date Change
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Thank you for scheduling this a bit farther apart from Mardi Gras! ^
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by RChavez
Thank you for scheduling this a bit farther apart from Mardi Gras! ^
Well, Foady and umguy were saying how, now that they are OLDER, it is so very hard to go to Mardi Gras in SYD, fly thru all of those boys and time zones and still look fabulous for The Gayla!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Sunday Beer Bust: 6pm at The Barracks. Surprise Entertainment by bluesincenew, his bf StSebastian and our friend, Albert.
I laughed at your post, but I cannot commit that we will have any entertainment nor whether we'll even be able to attend. Now that we're both working and trying NRSA travel it's a lot more of a challenge, though if we come in maybe we'll be able to fly into PSP instead of last year's LGB and drive method.

I'll mark the date, but the challenge will be getting sufficient time off from bluesincenew's job to be able to do it and making sure that it's not a busy time at work for me (the long-term calendar looks good for my case).

Last edited by StSebastian; Jul 29, 2005 at 11:16 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Well, Foady and umguy were saying how, now that they are OLDER, it is so very hard to go to Mardi Gras in SYD, fly thru all of those boys and time zones and still look fabulous for The Gayla!
Ahem... you mean umguy was saying how, now that he is OLDER...
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Both foady and umguy are fun to be with at any age

It's still so far out, but I'll try to be there. Maybe I can talk some of my friends into going too.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds like fun, but I am boycotting the Red Tomato.

Besides the fact that the food is mediocre, the owner is an absolute idiot. On our last trip we brought a nice bottle of wine with us. (Now for the ones here who are not familiar with this, in many US states, it is perfectly ok to bring your own wine. It is just usual to pay a corkage fee generally anywhere from USD 5 to USD 20 per bottle.) He would not let us drink our wine, but was happy to sell us wine.

His reasoning was that he was allegedly sued after someone had a wreck after drinking at his restaurant. They had brought their own wine. I certainly could understand not wanting to serve any more alcohol. But that as a reason not to let us four guests drink our own (one) bottle of wine made no sense.

His selection left something to be desired so I had water. And he really acted quite unpleasant.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Ok, guys, I guess I should really keep up with my own threads more often!

Nobbi, maybe you will change your mind by next March? Or else I will figure something out for you! (Do you like KFC? )

Oh, and wait a minute... did kudzu say he was bringing some friends? Yummm..

Yes, it is a long way off but pencil it in folks.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I can't wait. GKG is such a lovely boy for organizing this extravaganza. And the more successful it is, the more difficult it is to organize, I bet. If you need any help, let me know what I can do.
So, how many straight wedding parties will be at the Villas next March? And, will Missy Darlin be there??? Oh, I'm holding my breath!!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I would have to disagree with GKG's first post. His Gaylas are not "surprisingly" fun. If he organizes it, it is most definitely fun, but it's no surprise!

Not sure what bluesincenew's new job is, but wouldn't this be a great "networking" opportunity, not to mention educational for the youngsters?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
GKG, of course the offer to assist still stands. Just keep me focused on it since I get distracted easily (Decadance, 2 UK runs, and a RTW all before the end of the year)
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Oooo... you guys are gonna make me blush!

And, geez, thanks ... no pressure for this year to be even better, huh?

And thanks for the offerings of help: ummm.. my boots need lick- errr -polishing. The rest of ya start hording some cool gift for the swap/door-prize category. Last year's swap was a BLAST but lengthy. We will do whatever we do quicker this year.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Just cruised in to this forum (No, not that cruise ) to check the date on the Gayla.
Sorry Joe. This year my trade show takes place several weeks prior to the DO. Who said third times a charm?

Dan
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

It's okay Dan - we already have another candidate to fill the straight-guy quota.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:10 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by izzik
It's okay Dan - we already have another candidate to fill the straight-guy quota.
Does he come with TOYS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.