Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOST AA miles!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

LOST AA miles!

They said I lost them if I didnt have transactions on my account within 3 yrs. How can i get them back?? they said "you can pay $150!!"
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well, it sounds like they told you what you need to do.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:18 pm

If it is 15,000 miles or more, it is a steal IF YOU PLAN ON USING AA often enough to build up to a free flight. If it is less than 7,500 miles, it is an awful deal. In the middle is a toss-up.

After 3 years of non-use think long and hard about whether you will use the miles before paying $150.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by tryinthis2
How can i get them back??
If you have had a recent transaction that would qualify to earn miles (motel stay, idine meal, car rental, etc) you can try submitting it for credit. If the transaction occurred within the 3 year period then you should be alright. If not, then you must decide if the miles are worth $150 to you.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tryinthis2
They said I lost them if I didnt have transactions on my account within 3 yrs. How can i get them back?? they said "you can pay $150!!"
Hi, tryinthis2. Welcome to Flyertalk.

Many posters here have reported that in general, if you don't get the answer you want when calling AA, keep calling and asking. Each call is answered by a different employee, so if you call enough times, sometimes you get an employee who gives you the answer you want.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
The above brought to you by the new, kinder, gentler Gemac.
Perhaps the unsuspecting recipients of your wisdom would have preferred the older, meaner, rougher gemac ... just a thought.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:30 pm

Location: DFW - AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt - PLT, Hertz Prez

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585678

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583575

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583578

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573805

- whatever gemac said....

AS KIND AS I CAN GET
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See, it's catching.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
Perhaps the unsuspecting recipients of your wisdom would have preferred the older, meaner, rougher gemac ... just a thought.
I might have thought so at one time, but I have been otherwise informed. I once was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now I see.

I am now putting all my efforts into politeness. There is no energy or attention left to attend to any other qualities that might be beneficial in a reply.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:36 pm

Location: DFW - AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt - PLT, Hertz Prez
I might have thought so at one time, but I have been otherwise informed. I once was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now I see.

I am now putting all my efforts into politeness. There is no energy or attention left to attend to any other qualities that might be beneficial in a reply.
I second that brother...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I really believe gemac has the solution. Let's all be so polite and patient it makes people's teeth hurt. That will keep the powers that be happy. Accuracy, relevance, instruction, information-sharing and the like appear to be totally beside the point.

I realize that there are saintly beings such as JDiver, tom911 and others (and I say this with the utmost respect) who can capture all of the above qualities into their responses. But most of us are just simple grasshoppers.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ratnamg
I second that brother...
Boy .... can you guys get off the topic!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I think in the case of lost miles for 3 years on no activity that you can call different AAgents until you are blue in the face and they won't change their mind.

That logic sounds good for denied dual challeneges or getting a seat when maybe you can't - over 3 years no activity who is going to override that? And why would they even want to? For what has to be a so infrequent frequent flyer than not a morsel of pointage in over 1000 days.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA Flyer
Boy .... can you guys get off the topic!
The OP cross-posted this topic in the Mileage Run forum here.

And in the Alamo forum here.

Last edited by onedog; Aug 2, 2006 at 10:52 pm Reason: TOS - discussing moderator actions
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

It would probably be helpful to the OP if you would post any on-topic responses on all three threads. This would save him the trouble of having to check all three threads. I do not think this step is necessary for off-topic posts.
You're killin' me here, gemac ^^. Kinder and gentler indeed.

I have a feeling we will never see the OP resurface on these threads as they were likely posted in jest, to get us all to jump through hoops and answer. I sure fell for it. But since the questions have been answered, we should have fun

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.