Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Airlines Whose Frequent Flier Members Earn Miles on Delta Air Lines Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

For some bizarre reason, the Can I earn Alaska miles on a DL flight ? thread prompted me to wonder: what airlines can members earn miles on Delta Air Lines flights?

I know that members of the frequent flier programs of the following airlines can earn miles on Delta Air Lines in the programs of which they are members:
  • Aeromexico Club Premier
  • Air France Fréquence Plus
  • Alitalia MilleMiglia
  • Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
  • Continental OnePass
  • CSA Czech Airlines OK Plus
  • KLM Flying Dutchman
  • Korean Air SKYPASS
  • Northwest WorldPerks
What other airlines allow members of their frequent flier programs to earn miles in that program by flying on Delta Air Lines?

This thread is now linked to the PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried to put in my AS number in the skymile box, and the website rejected my booking.

So you have to do it at the airport at the gate ?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 6:53 pm

You must call DL and they will put the AS # in over the phone
Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:04 pm

Some more airlines's that you can earn miles with while on delta (all also go the other way):

Air Jamaica
Avianca
China Airlines
Emirates
Singapore Airlines
South African
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

and perhaps ElAl?

Last edited by dspringer28; Mar 1, 2005 at 7:07 pm
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dspringer28
You must call DL and they will put the AS # in over the phone
Will the AS number print out on your boarding pass ?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:39 pm

It should or then again............................
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
No more earning with El Al, Virgin Atlantic, or Air Jamaica

"On March 1, 2008, our SkyMiles partnerships with EL AL Israel Airlines and Virgin Atlantic Airways terminated. August 31, 2008 is the last date to request retro-credit for mileage accrual on EL AL and Virgin."

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ates/index.jsp

Air Jamaica Frequent Flyers also stopped earning on Delta with effect from 31 August 2007.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
...but mileage earning now available for HawaiianMiles Members

Presumably immediately, HawaiianMiles members can now earn mileage on Delta Flights -

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=11009
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:05 am

If my Delta Airlines booking includes an Air France flight, could I still earn frequent flier miles with China Airlines for the Air France leg of the flight?

In other words, does the fact that the booking is with Delta Airlines allow me to earn China Airlines partner miles for all legs of the flight even though Air France isn't a China Airlines partner?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by dxt55
If my Delta Airlines booking includes an Air France flight, could I still earn frequent flier miles with China Airlines for the Air France leg of the flight?

In other words, does the fact that the booking is with Delta Airlines allow me to earn China Airlines partner miles for all legs of the flight even though Air France isn't a China Airlines partner?
No. Being a DL ticket means nothing, the controlling factor is the airline for each segment. You'll get CI miles for segments on an airline that is a partner, and none for the segments on an airline that is not a partner.

I'm quite sure this is right.

Probably the best place to ask this question, though, is in the CI forum (Asia, other airlines forum, IIRC).
Old Sep 13, 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mcjava
No. Being a DL ticket means nothing, the controlling factor is the airline for each segment. You'll get CI miles for segments on an airline that is a partner, and none for the segments on an airline that is not a partner.

I'm quite sure this is right.

Probably the best place to ask this question, though, is in the CI forum (Asia, other airlines forum, IIRC).
Thanks for the response.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
It's probably worth adding Midwest to this list, although for the moment I believe it requires crediting to a WorldPerks account. SkyMiles integration is announced but not yet implemented:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=443
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dtremit
It's probably worth adding Midwest to this list, although for the moment I believe it requires crediting to a WorldPerks account. SkyMiles integration is announced but not yet implemented:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=443
I do know from some new Skymiles training I was doing earlier today in the office...in the future that there will be several new earning and redemption partners(can't remember which ones) as far as airlines go esp. international airlines.

Jwhuffman
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Air Europa via Flying Blue I believe.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: NW, UA
while we're at it, it may also be able to helpful to further distinguish partners by MQMs and RDM-only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.