Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Vacation Planners - help me with my honeymoon!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vacation Planners - help me with my honeymoon!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Cool Vacation Planners - help me with my honeymoon!

I came across this site - and I'm glad I did. There is a lot of great info in these forums!

The big day is coming up in mid-October and I'm looking for a luxurious honeymoon for me and my soon to be bride. We are Platinum on American with plenty of miles so we prefer to go somewhere they fly. So far, I have been leaning towards the Four Seasons Hualalai but am looking for other ideas.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here are the criteria -

1) One week
2) Beach and great pool
3) We prefer stellar service over all other factors
4) Price range - $500 to $800 / night

Thanks! Greg
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, greg_x. FT'rs love to help plan honeymoons.
Based on the criteria you presented, The Four Seasons Hualali would seem to be a perfect choice. ^ My son is getting married next month and is spending his honeymoon there for all of the reasons you mentioned. I believe the rate he is paying is about $800.00 a night. Congratulations.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
That sounds like a great destination. Four Seasons is known for its great service. Be sure to let the hotel know (or have your TA let the hotel know) that this is your honeymoon; there are amenities they will extend to you!
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here are some past threads on the topic that might be interesting:

Help us pick a honeymoon destination

Private Carribean honeymoons

Top 10 list for a honeymoon
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FT

i'd go with the Maldives or Southeast Asia before Hawaii, personally

if you go with Hawaii, maybe try a search to compare the different FS and others there..

i'd also recommend booking through virtuoso or american express FHR, which are described at the beginning of the pinned thread at the top of this forum

perfect 3 threads sandiego ^
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
welcome to FT

i'd go with the Maldives or Southeast Asia before Hawaii, personally

if you go with Hawaii, maybe try a search to compare the different FS and others there..

i'd also recommend booking through virtuoso or american express FHR, which are described at the beginning of the pinned thread at the top of this forum

perfect 3 threads sandiego ^
If time is limited and the honeymooners don't want to spend too much travelling, Hawaii would be the easiest location. BTW, The Four Seasons Hualali is no longer affiliated with Virtuoso. (Apparently, that FS is so successful that they felt no need for Virtuoso). I know, because my son booked his honeymoon through a Virtuoso agent.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
You're right... it's neither Virtuoso nor FHR.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

most of the other FS are Virtuoso though IIRC. FHR has a fair selection as well, although fewer FS.

of course you are right obscure, with Hawaii being very close to those in Western US and Caribbean being close to those in Eastern US. and while the South Pacific islands like French Polynesia are not too much farther than Hawaii, the service isnt as good.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 3, 2007 at 5:28 pm
Old Apr 3, 2007, 5:34 pm

I would highly recommend the FS Hualalai. I had a fantastic experience there. The service is fantastic and in my opinion, it meets all of the requirements you listed. Even if it does not offer Virtuoso and FHR benefits, you can still get great comprehensive packages through the hotel. In my opinion, I believe it is the best resort in Hawaii.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re Hualalai >

from searching, it appears to be extremely well regarded on FT.

just looked at their site for the first time. value at higher end even seems better than other properties. (although Mauna Lani does have bungalows)

^

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 3, 2007 at 6:38 pm
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:31 pm

If service is your highest priority and you don't want to go too far afield (and be at about $800/night), another vote for Four Seasons Hualalai. One warning is that the beach there isn't all that great.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:29 am

Programs: American Airlines, United
Hello... I am new to FT.... My wife and I are looking to plan a 7 night honeymoon in Late August. I could really use some help. She is very modest, and wants a place with private pool that no-one could see into or private beach. I am looking to spend less than $300 per night would love to get as a nice a place as possible in that price range. Any suggestions of great deals?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FT

for $300 i would suggest a private villa rental in Indonesia, for example Bali.
(for beachfront with pool)

Phuket has pool options, but probably not many beachfront options
http://www.phuketvillarentals.com/

you should probably try posting in the Asia forum too
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by mpanawala
Hello... I am new to FT.... My wife and I are looking to plan a 7 night honeymoon in Late August. I could really use some help. She is very modest, and wants a place with private pool that no-one could see into or private beach. I am looking to spend less than $300 per night would love to get as a nice a place as possible in that price range. Any suggestions of great deals?
That's tough to do with a private pool, but I think I can come close...

You can rent a 2 BR villa at Tryall Club in Jamaica at summer rates and get a Virtuoso promotion of "Pay for 5, Stay for 7." With that promotion, the per night cost would work out to $340. The villa would have your own private pool.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OTOH, there is also luxury all-inclusive in the Caribbean

Petit St Vincent (private island, extremely private villas) - $605
Curtain Bluff (not as good, but cheaper) - $495

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.